10’s of millions of people believe that they have lived before and will live again and that birth and death are not the beginning and ending of life.
And from the popularity of the Long Island Medium TV program, and people like John Holland, with millions of people wanting to connect to the spirit world, that number seems to be growing.
How about you? Is this life all there is? You win the game of life when you have a skyscraper named after you? Or is this just the latest version of an infinite parade of lifetimes your soul has chosen to help lead humanity to live in harmony not war, then eventually to a level of consciousness that makes us creators not consumers.
Why do people believe? Proof of past lives have been around for a millennium…
- children with verifiable stories of having different names and lives in specific places,
- children and adults that under hypnosis speak languages they have never heard or had any exposure to,
- deja-vu where you go somewhere you have never been before but are absolutely sure you have been there before,
- birthmarks that match dead relatives, gender identification issues where you feel much more comfortable being the opposite sex,
- child prodigies who seem metaphysical in their ability to play an instrument or compose, or do math in a way that normally would take many more years than even their age to master, or
- idiot savants who have a high level of retardation but have one dimension of consciousness that is beyond comprehension.
In Psychology, past lives appear as maladies that seem to have no real origin. Or maybe they have justification in life but are so over reacted to, attached to, or an identity is created out of them, that the person seems to be possessed by the issue or pattern. And normal therapy often struggles with these kind of mental illnesses.
Progressive therapists like Brian Weiss and Michael Newton have developed regression hypnosis that directly open a channel to what we are calling past lives so that some kind of connection can be made to the current life situation that is a problem. They have an excellent track record with clients with these kinds of issues that other therapists have given up on.
In energy medicine, we train healers to see the past life dimension as one of many dimensions of consciousness a client can be affected physically, emotionally or mentally by in their lifetime that is part of a rule-out in all diagnosis. Without training in past lives you can tap, or Reiki or needle or adjust an issue for ever and it just comes back.
There are some past life part of your life that are no problem and can be fun to find out why you have them. For instance, you love a certain food, or have always wanted to go to Italy, or you feel like another language is somehow your native toungue. Those are fun.
But the healing work that past lives can do is based on highly charged issues that tend to be negative and chronic and are resistant to normal therapy and healing work.
Unresolved Past life traumas appear in this lifetime in very specific ways. The most severe maladies from unresolved past life trauma are…
- Chronic Physical Ailments based on a past life wound that was inflicted in a betrayal situation in a past life
- Chronic Depression/low energy and feeling you don’t deserve happiness from betraying others in a past life
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Phobias or irrational fears – such as animals, abandonment, certain types of people
- Material insecurities and eating disorders
- Inescapable poverty and starvation
- Violence – battlefield memories
- Family Struggles – old past life scores to settle
- Sexual Difficulty and Abuse – past life abuse or torture
- Marital Difficulties – roll reversal, or past life with same spouse in different power class
In healing work the idea is not to cover up the problem but find out what it is pointing at and how to come back into balance. If there was a life that you died from a disease from not washing your hands and now you are a germ phobic, connecting that dot can do wonders to release the current pattern of thinking that seems to come from nowhere.
Simply discovering the source of the problem is the cure in many of these troubling diagnosis.
Pretty amazing right?
If you are interested in finding out more about past lives and how to heal with them, or heal your own to have more energy in the present moment, come join me at the upcoming free workshop on Past Lives with my good friend and Psychic Lisa Campion, Wednesday, September 28th from 6:00-9:00 (both virtually and in-person) click here to learn more.